Being the first time, expectations were high, and I would say I am quite satisfied. The test
night was exciting but disappointing photographically (completely in the dark, behind security cordons and the blinding headlights of cars, the result is quite painful), although it ended early (for us, the competitors have continued) to due to rain. Luckily, we left in time: shortly after he got into the car the rain had turned the lawn into a mud rain has become much more intense!
Among the mourners is also known that the rush to prepare and leave for San Marino at home I forgot the 70-200, and I had to fix me with what I had: D40, 18-55, SB-600, FM, 50 f1.8 and 135 f3.5. As you can see I also brought a film camera, going to see some classic cars wanted to try to capture on an appropriate medium:)
I tried the 135 on the D40, but I did not like the prospect that returned to where we set I preferred to approach a bit 'more (not without risk) and use the wide angle, which in my opinion this is a winning races to take pictures that involve the viewer. Armed
18-55 and then I started to flash the curb (in the test on Saturday afternoon, the morning I found photographically points for, and I folded up a solution of luck) to try to block, with rapid, darting your car next to me at least 90km / h (some more, some less ...).
Then, to get some different views, I moved across the street, where, however, were slightly against the machines. I then mounted the flash, but I was very satisfied: even dodging to limit the emitted light, the shadows always too flattened on the machine, so that lost three-dimensionality. Then I moved a bit 'and I adjusted the exposure so you have just read the shadows and highlights little burned.
On this occasion I am really happy that they were taken in raw: in post-production I lowered the exposure of one or two stops (as needed) to recover at least part of the burn, and then I lightened the shadows. This has the same effect as the flash, but does not create unwanted reflections and maintain the three-dimensionality of the subject, at the expense of a little 'more noise.
Anyway, I'm glad I saw it in action (albeit a very mild: the costs of these cars is prohibitive and spare parts are not easily found) the real monsters that have shaped the history of the rally: Delta S4, Lancia Stratos, Delta Integrale, Opel Manta, Ascona and Kadett, Fiat 131 Abarth, Talbot Lotus and many more ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment