Although I have not yet addressed here the theme of HDR I'm interested in sharing a technique derived from this, that can help in some cases to make the photos more interesting.
This technique is to create a HDR from a single image: in some cases, such as photography of moving subjects, you can not run 3, 5, or more shots at different exposures, you must then use one click. Obviously, to do what is best (if not indispensable) in shoot RAW format that allows for the greatest possible amount of information within the image.
The principle is simple, it takes an image, you create a few copies to exposure altered in post-production, and then joining them as any HDR.
This can be useful to retrieve pictures partly burned, as the example of this tutorial:
E 'clear as the photo is overexposed, and clearly this was my Error: When the photographer's car always use manual exposure: the automatic tends to underexpose too much if the machines have turned on the lights or reflections of the glass distorts the reading of the exposure.
usually works, sometimes the machines are slightly lighter burned.
HDR Returning to save this image (overexposed by about 1 stop) I open the NEF and I saved 3 copies in TIFF format, with the original exposure, underexposed by 1 stop and 2 stops underexposed.
overexposed because I did not create copies in the original picture the shadows are quite readable, and I'm interested in saving the highlights.
addition to the original photo (above), these are the other two copies, respectively -1 and -2 stops:
Having to choose one of the photo-compensated - 1 stop is the best, but still has some burned areas, the program will extract the second photography. Instead be extracted from the original mainly in the shadow of the car, and tires. I
for simplicity merges with HDR Photoshop (File -> Automate -> Merge to HDR), because I want to then work some more 'image.
Now let Photoshop work, after about ten seconds you will see a dialog box where we can choose the image quality (8, 16 or 32bit, I always use 16-bit) and the final exhibition of the picture.
made these choices you get the picture already merged:
It has something of a "chart", it seems almost hand drawn. Since I like this effect we intend to increase a little change in some parts of the image brightness.
This is done with the instruments "fencing" and "burns" (dodge and burn in English), which are used as a normal brush, but instead of color lightens and darkens the image.
Basically what I want to do is to increase the feeling of three dimensions of the machine, using light and dark, to do this further darkens the dark areas and lightens the light areas, but do not overdo it!
Now apply the normal adjustments to sharpening (unsharp mask only on the machine) a slight S-curve with the curves tool to lighten the midtones a little, a touch-up colors (I used the vivid setting, instead of saturation: the Vibrance slider affects only parts of the image that have less saturation, returning results a bit 'more real) to bring out the mirror effect of the wheels (it is curious how a shining sky and grass ...)
At this point the image is finished, you just have to save and enjoy the final result:
Comparing with the image underexposed by a stop may seem identical (a Apart from the actions of burning and fencing), but with a closer look you can see many more areas highlights recovered HDR image.
0 comments:
Post a Comment