Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Congratulation For Friends Marriage



My 10 days (poor) to Nice are about to end, and in this vacation I got to try to fund the D300s bought.
What can I say, is simply fantastic, the jump from the D40 is bigger than I expected, and all features have proved more useful than expected. To begin the
Live View: I avoid back pain when a photographer with the camera on a tripod. My tripod is roughly as tall as me with the column all the way up, but did not get up because it never loses stability, then I have to use normal lower 25-30 cm, and this sometimes leads to pain back. In addition I can calmly choose the composition, without having to "stick" to look through the viewfinder. Who says that Live View is unnecessary and takes away the pleasure of photography with the camera forgive me but I was wrong.
L ' artificial horizon allows to level the camera when there are clear references to it by eye. Ok, the sensor is not very precise, sometimes the abbreviation swing on his own, but still very useful. The grid in the viewfinder
can accurately align the camera in the frame when there are references (eg the horizon), even when shooting freehand. With the D40 I had the horizon often wrong, because I had no references in the viewfinder. Now it happens almost! The shutter delay
postpone the opening of a second faster than the shutter raised, greatly reducing vibration when shooting on a tripod. I did the test with a 70-300 at 300mm, and using the self-timer 2-second shutter delay the more the image is very sharp. The
automatic bracketing (which the D40 does not have) allows for shooting in HDR without bothering to change the shutter speed after each frame (which among other things move so slightly to the door frame). Plus, if you have a hand a bit 'firm, or a stable support (such as a wall or the like) you can take all 3, 5, 7 or 9 pictures in the exhibition range by setting the high-speed burst (7 fps) and holding the shutter button!

back to my stay in Nice I shot a lot for the city, and I found really beautiful places.
For starters available in the early morning I made the huge effort to put up early (at 5:45) to photograph the sunrise from the beach.


D300s Nikkor 18-70 +, free-hand (then you'll see what it was occupied by the tripod!)

With Luke ( www.lucagaraffa.it ) we photographed the sunset from Promenade des Anglais, but we were not entirely satisfied. We then tried to photograph it from vantage points on the hill west of Nice, but unfortunately here in France, the terraces are closed to the public at strange hours, and then half an hour before sunset we saw thrown out by an official of the town!
To console (in any case it was a cloudy day ...) we went on the rocks to try a few drops of water and some night in Nice.

had some decent picture we've moved into the city, looking for a bit 'of life, and we made some shots at the fountain at the end of the Place Massena (of course with the front lens full of droplets, part of the sea and in part of the fountain ...)


D300s + Nikkor 18-70, on a tripod

We then decided to make a gitarella night to reach the TĂȘte de Chien (near La Turbie) to make a breathtaking view of the Bay of Angels. According to my sources it from that height on a windy day you can see up to Saint-Tropez on the one hand, and up to Finale Ligure other. At the top we found ... the fog! Some fast shot (not beautiful) and the Principality of Monaco street on the way back. Coming back we took some pictures to the town of Eze.
But the best thing all night was undoubtedly the discovery of a place on the hill, from which you can see perfectly the airport! For two years I'm looking for the perfect place to photograph aircraft departing from or arriving, and from there you can fine!


D300s + Nikkor 70-300 VR on a tripod, self timer to 2 seconds + 1 second exposure delayed

The luminous trail that goes up is an aircraft departing from runway 04R, while the other trail is a plane landing (not at the same time!) on the same track. I removed the wake of a third plane in the queue for landing. This image is the result of two exposures of 30 seconds, f16, ISO 200 each, then combined with Photoshop to get one in the wake of the plane landing. The take-off in the wake of that it is present in the first exposure.

you soon with more photos of Nice and some news! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment